Friday, December 24, 2010

2010 Is Almost Over- Its Goal Time

        In the last few weeks I have been thinking a lot about the future and the possibilities, both horsie and non.
        One of the current issues I have had to deal with has been "solved" and a plan of action has been "developed". Right now I am supposed to be a senior in high school, but because of health problems I am technically a sophomore credit wise. I was hoping to graduate the spring of 2012, but in reality there is a chance I get sick again and that would probably result in delayed graduation...again. So I have made the big decision to get my GED, which has been debated off and on for a few years.

My plan of action is as follows:
1. take the TABY test to see what I need to work on before I take the GED
2. take my GED and pass with flying colors
3.apply and get accepted into college, namely Montana State (I love their equine science/pre vet programs) and that way I can afford to keep my horse and compete
4.take the SAT/ACT
5. and then attend MSU in the fall :)
and above all - pray to God I stay relatively healthy

      Horse wise I haven't been able to ride much because of various reasons, but heck thats winter in Montana if you have an indoor or not.

Goals for 2011:
- Get Addie's awesome jumping back and keep it
- work on my release
- get nice, consistent dressage work (mid 30's at least)
- get my C1 in the spring and my C2 later in the summer
- take Addie to our first reg. event and manage to do as well as we do at home
- conquer my fear of Addie bolting by doing LOTS of xc work
- be competing at BN, which means I will  be schooling novice
- IF she is doing well go to an easy move up novice level event
- above else staying sound (for both of us, haha) and having fun!

Here's to 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment